Thank You for your interest and intent to contribute to Ostinato and welcome! Our definition of a “contributor” is wide and not restricted to just code contributions.
Ways to contribute
You can contribute to Ostinato in many ways -
- Testing, reporting bugs and help triaging/reproducing them
- Sharing your knowledge and helping others on the mailing list
- Improving the documentation, making video tutorials
- Spreading the word (blog, tweet, tell your friends and colleagues)
- Build/maintain packages for different platforms/distributions
- Contribute code
- Support the project with monetary contributions
- and many more …
If you have any queries on the above or on some other way you would like to contribute, please send an email to
For source code contributions (fixes/features etc.), see the Ostinato Developer Guide for build instructions, coding and contribution guidelines, instructions on how to add support for a new protocol, design notes etc.
Ostinato development happens on GitHub. Go to the project on GitHub for source code and issue tracker.
If you find Ostinato useful and would like to support the project, we appreciate monetary contributions. Any amount is welcome.